For those of you planning a driving holiday this summer, I’ve created a link to the Canada Cool website. It shows attractions for provinces and territories across Canada. Enjoy.
Monthly Archives: February 2017
National Film Board of Canada Films
Some links to films and short trailers from the National Film Board of Canada.
1. Trick or Treaty – trailer (1min.29):
2. The Apology – trailer (2min.25):
3. Reel Injun – trailer (1min.34):
4. We Were Children – trailer(1min.42):
5. Neighbors – short anti-war film (8min.19):
6. Through a Blue Lens – film (52min.12):
7. You are on Indian Land – short film (36min.45):
8. Richard Cardinal: Cry from a Diary of a Metis Child – short film (29min.13):
9. War stories from the North West: WWll Chinese Canadian military Museum – short film (5min.08):
A Changing World
With some large institutions around the world dumping their oil and gas stocks, in favor of green investments, we should take it as a sign that the world is changing.
That change is still too slow with most governments and businesses not willing to do the right thing right now, before it is too late.
Send a message by:
1. Divesting your investments to environmentally moral companies.
2. Taking public transportation, walking, biking and ride sharing when possible.
3. Picketing and protesting.
4. Eating a few meat free meals a week.
5. Calling your M.P. often and demanding change.
It is your future. Fight for it.
A world of popularity contests.
We are definitely living in a world of popularity contests based on looks, instead of a world with basic human decency. How can Justin Trudeau be so popular in the polls when he has proved himself to be a liar.
The Liberals are just as power hungry as the Conservatives. Saying anything to get voters to vote for them and once in power they decide that the rules don’t apply to them.
Liberals have broken their promise on election reform, bill C-51, the environment, indigenous rights, veteran’s rights, and the list goes on. They are Conservatives in Liberal clothing, without the racism, misogyny and religious fanaticism of the right.
Why we keep ending up with the same two political parties in power (federally), over and over again, is because of the lack of electoral reform. Liberals and Conservatives don’t want to change to proportional representation in voting, because this way they can take turns f**king up Canadian citizens lives. While lining their pockets and their big business friends pockets with our tax dollars (in subsidies to to gas and oil).
After Justin has finished playing P.M. and the Conservatives are back in power we will be living in a world like the U.S,A. is living in today.